- PHW unlike fiberglass or fiberglass composite type casting tapes, PHW remains flexible after curing and possesses elastic potential that closely mimics the hoof capsule. PHW essentially becomes an exoskeleton.
- PHW Shortens Recovery Times, providing dynamic stability, while supporting correct circulation and lymphatic function.
- PHW stimulates hoof wall growth by allowing for three dimensional distortion. As much as 200% increase over normal growth rate has been seen. We frequently receive testimonials stating complete dorsal wall growth in just 7 months.
- PHW will not promote bacterial growth.
- PHW Enhances Performance with its low rebound characteristics effectively dispersing the energies created upon impact protecting the internal foot.
- PHW is impervious to mud and water. It is excellent for use in wet environments, where glue-on applications often fail.
- PHW is applied using proprietary stainless-steel anchors, eliminating the need for expensive and often unreliable glues. This system is time proven, having been used in the application of tens of thousands of poly wraps over the past 10 years.
- PHW anchor system allows you to treat the hoof topically without having to worry about glue failure.
- PHW is radio-opaque. No need to remove PHW when taking x-rays.
- PHW has excellent wear characteristics, often lasting 4 to 5 weeks when used for rehabilitation.
- PHW is the perfect foundation for the application of performance horseshoes. A flexible horseshoe can be affixed by nailing or other means.
- PHW is ideally suited to the creation of specialty orthotics and custom boots.
- PHW is Economical eliminating the need to stock expensive glues, glue tips and glue guns. PHW can effectively be used as a replacement for all glue-on applications.
- PHW is excellent for protecting the hoof that has lost a shoe. Keep a PHW in your saddle bag for emergencies.